Updated Jan 19, 2020
New volunteer opportunities:
1. We are having a bottle drive this Saturday Feb 8th, and will need help directing and loading the truck. A reminder to all to bring your bottles in! To volunteer to help, please use this sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090C4BABAB2EAAFF2-bottle
2. We are hosting a bowling night Sat March 14 at 6pm. We need 1 or 2 volunteers to help post & organize (in advance) sign up, confirm attendance, assign lanes etc. Volunteers will report to Carol-Anne who is booking the event. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090C4BABAB2EAAFF2-winter
3. Organize team Bottle Drive Sunday April 5th: As part of our fundraising efforts, we would like to organize a bottle drive where our skaters can go out in teams and collect for their club. We need 1 or 2 volunteers to help organize delivery of flyers, sign ups, assign routes etc. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090C4BABAB2EAAFF2-winter
4. Wine Raffle Organizers: The Club is running a wine raffle as our primary fundraiser. All families are asked to donate one bottle of wine and will be responsible to sell 10 tickets per skater, $10 per ticket. We need a few volunteers to run this fundraiser (working as a team). Final Draw will be May 2nd. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090C4BABAB2EAAFF2-winter
5. Music attendance: Remember you can also earn volunteer hours by taking attendance at sessions. Please email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org if interested as they are putting together a schedule.
If you would be interested in arranging and running a used dress / equipment sale please contact me. Would be nice to have at least one this year.
Keep an eye on this page for volunteer opportunities so you can fulfill your 12 hour commitment. Please remember that any time you do any volunteer hours please send me an email to confirm you attendance and time so I can record it ... I can't give you credit if I don't know about it!
You will have already seen our volunteer requirements when you registered your skater on uplifter, but I want to take a moment to remind everyone of your volunteer commitment for this season (this is also posted on our website):
Please remember that we do not have a Casino this season. We have already had a few members fill their commitment this year, so I am certain there will be plenty of opportunities for all. When you have volunteered, if you could please send me an email (email@example.com) so I can enter your hours.
**you do not have to send me music attendance hours - that will be tracked by our attendance coordinators and sent my way.
We have awesome parent volunteers and I look forward to another year working with you - you make my job much easier!
Stacey Will (Mara’s Mom, senior skater)